Just because it’s becoming sweater weather, doesn’t mean you need to do the same with your body hair.
We get a lot of questions about waxing, so we wanted to let you know the questions we hear most commonly about waxing, as well as the answers! Enjoy.
What are the benefits of waxing instead of shaving?
Hair Grows Back Thinner
One benefit of waxing is that over time it thins out your hair, leaving you with thinner, finer hair. No spiky ends or prickly feeling when your hair does grow back.
Results Last Longer and Leave Skin Smooth
How often do you have to shave? Now think about how often you have to wax. One of people’s favorite waxing benefits is that they enjoy longer results since the entire hair is removed (follicle and all!) not just trimmed back like it is with shaving.
Since the entire hair follicle is removed, you’ll also notice that your skin will feel a lot smoother!
How long should your hair be before you get it waxed?
This is a great question, and one that’s a little complicated! Since hair grows at different rates on different body parts, this not only varies person-to-person, but also body part to body part.
Regardless if your hair grows fast or slowly, these general guidelines based on body parts should have you covered!
What do you need to do before you come in for a wax?
Preparation is key for success in most aspects of life, and waxing is no different! Before you come in for your wax, we recommend the following:
- Don’t trim your hair right before your appointment
- Shower before your appointment
- Exfoliate before your appointment
- Don’t drink any caffeine before your appointment
- Make sure that your hair is at least ¼ inch long
What do you need to do after your waxing appointment?
Many people forget that after-care is just as important as pre-care for your waxing! Not following the proper after-care protocols could lead to irritation. That’s why we recommend the following after your wax:
- No swimming in a pool or going in a jacuzzi for 21 hours after your appointment
- Don’t tan for 24 hours after your appointment (this includes the natural sun in addition to tanning beds)
- No steam for 24 hours after your appointment, including hot showers as well as steam rooms.
- Do not shave after your appointment
- Make sure to exfoliate between appointments!
Now that you have all of this information, you’re ready for a wax!
Ready to Book Your Waxing Appointment?
Call us at (858) 798-5177 or book online.
We hope you feel prepared for your next wax. Let us know if you have any questions!