Dermaplaning Hair Removal
Dermaplaning Hair Removal – San Diego – Bloom Spa & Salon
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). A hair removal procedure using a scalpel and a delicate touch, the provider simply abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes.
Benefit of Dermaplaning:
- It’s a quick procedure of removing epidermal Skin and as result products penetrate better in to deeper layers. Also it’s great to prepare the skin for superficial chemical peels or before a cleansing facial.
- It is also a great treatment to offer to patients who are pregnant or nursing and want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use any chemicals on their skin.
- It is also a great choice for patients who have peach fuzz hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the client healthier looking skin.
- After dermaplaning hair will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment.
Dermaplaning is most often used on patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, and “glowing” appearance.
What the client can expect:
- There is a chance that they may obtain a superficial scrape or nick on the skin.
- There is no downtime associated with this procedure. The patient should be educated about the importance of using sunscreen to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation.
- Dermaplaning can be done as often as every two weeks, although it is usually done when vellus hair starts to grow back, which is generally in one month’s time.
The only contraindications to dermaplaning include an allergy to nickel, numerous raised lesions on the skin and inflamed acne.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. Serving San Diego and North County.